twitter instagram bloglovin tumblr pinterest youtube

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Burt saved my winter hands.


Here's a bit of information that you probably don't know about me.  I moisturize, like a lot.  The worst feeling in the world to me is being itchy from dry skin, and I go to great lengths to avoid that feeling.  I moisturize from head to toe upon leaving the shower, I carry lip balm and hand cream with me everywhere I go.  And most importantly, I apply a deep moisturizer to my hands when I wake up and when I go to sleep.  My routine keeps my skin exceptionally smooth and I can't count how many times people have commented on the softness of my hands.  But this winter, my routine was not cutting it.
I went about all my moisturizing like normal, but my skin started to appear dry and cracked around my cuticles and the sides of my nails.  No matter how much cream I put on, it didn't improve.  At the time, I was using The Body Shop's Almond Hand & Nail Butter as my deep treatment.  While I still love the line and carry the Hand & Nail Cream with me, I decided to look for a better night cream.  What I ended up with is a miracle product.  Immediately upon applying the salve, the cracks and dryness were gone.  And after using it for a couple weeks, I can confidently say that it has improved the health and look of my hands.  
Now, I will say that this is not a cream.  It has a waxy texture similar to a cleansing balm, and a little goes a LONG way.  Also, if you're opposed to strong scents, this might not be the product for you.  It is infused with rosemary and you can definitely tell.  The scent does go away after about 10-15 minutes and over time you get used to it, but I know some people are very particular about their scents.  If you can deal, and you're looking for something to beat the winter dryness, then this product is for you and you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment